Whether you are an MLSE Team Up Challenge veteran or a first time participant, we provide all the tools you need to ensure you meet and surpass your fundraising goals.
As part of the registration process, you will be equipped with a page to track your fundraising progress. You will also receive support from a member of the MLSE Foundation team. Your MLSE Foundation representative will work closely with you and your team to ensure you are ready for Game Day. Together, we will make each participant's fundraising campaign a successful one!
Below are a few fun fundraising tips to help you get started.
10 Tips for Fantastic Fundraising:
1. Set a fundraising goal and share with friends and family, so that they can help you reach it!
2. Make the first contribution to yourself to kick-start your fundraising and show supporters that you are personally committed.
3. Personalize your message. The best advice we can give you is to make it personal. Tell everyone why you are fundraising and what their dollars will be supporting. The people who donate to your initiative are typically supporting you as much as they are supporting MLSE LaunchPad. Give them a reason to help you get to your personal fundraising goal. We have templates for your fundraising pages, emails, and other materials, but your words, photos and inspiration will make your story shine.
4. Identify your networks of support. Brainstorm people and groups who you know: Your network is bigger than you realize. Take time to map out your connections and consider who to reach out to and how, whether through email, social media, mailing a letter or a direct conversation. Start by thinking about:
Friends and family
Current/ former colleagues and classmates
Your professional, or volunteer networks
Your social, hobby or recreational groups
Remember, the #1 reason why people do not donate is because they were never asked to!
5. Start with a small fundraising initiative like a bake sale, happy hour, game night, or car wash. Be creative!
6. Keep your donors engaged. Keep people who donate updated on your progress with emails, and other regular communications - and ask them to help spread the word. They want to know how your event or training is going - and when you hit milestones! Social media can also be a particularly effective tool for rallying support and spreading awareness about The MLSE Team Up Challenge and MLSE LaunchPad. Post about your fundraising journey on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. to keep your network involved in what you’re doing.
7. Follow up on donation asks: People are bombarded by emails and social media and donors often intend to give closer to the event but forget. So keep reminding them! The majority of donations come in within the last two weeks of Game Day. And remember to include information about matched gifts (if/when applicable).
8. Inspire by sharing the impact of donations to MLSE LaunchPad. Learn more about how MLSE LaunchPad is using sport to address some of the most significant issues facing youth today. Help educate your donors on how their dollars and your efforts are making a tangible difference for youth facing barriers.
9. Don’t forget about matching gift opportunities. Encourage your supporters to explore their employer’s matching gift programs. Many corporations will match their employee’s donations to an accredited charitable organization. It is an easy way to double or even triple the impact of a personal contribution.
10. Say “thank you.” Take the time to express your gratitude in a meaningful way. Make your supporters feel a part of your efforts. For example, send a personal thank you note or email to everyone who donates. Make sure to send a final update post-event with fundraising totals that shares your gratitude.